Easing the Big Shift to Middle School
The move from elementary to middle school is a significant leap. Students say “goodbye” to having one classroom for every subject and “hello” to multiple teachers, different instruction approaches, and a lot more homework!
- The demands of executive function skills increase exponentially.
- Organization and planning skills are essential for a smooth transition.
- Effective routines need to be established quickly.
Mastering Middle School from SOS4Students is an intensive, master workshop that prepares and teaches incoming 6th graders everything they need to know for a successful transition.
Skills needed for middle school success:
- Navigating online learning platforms, such as Google Classroom
- Proficiency with paper planners for schoolwork and outside activities
- Setting up a simple, easy-to-use notebook and folder system
- Understanding how to break up a project into manageable chunks
- Ability to advocate for themselves with different instructors and personalities, whether by email or in-person
- Notetaking from presentations, text, and for research (math needs notes too!).
Mastering Middle School covers all these skills and more. Sign up now to ensure a spot for your student in our late July 2023 session and lock in 2022 prices. Our workshops tend to fill fast and enrollment is first come, first served. Learn More
Could your 7th or 8th grader use these skills as well?
Check out our Middle School Blitz workshop, which teaches students entering grades 7 & 8 the essential study strategies they need to manage increasingly complex homework, long-term assignments, and outside activities. Learn More
Act Fast NOW to Lock-in 2022 Prices!
Spaces are limited and our sessions typically sell out.
Learn More and Sign-up Today ›
HELP! I’d like to sign up for more than one workshop! I’d like to enroll more than one student! WHAT DO I DO?
Workshop Discounts—Build your own workshop bundle by filling out our simple multiple workshop/student enrollment form and save on enrollment fees: 10% off two workshops and 15% off on three or more workshops.
Build Your Bundle Now ›
With 30-days’ notice. SOS4Students can create a private workshop for small groups of students who are friends/classmates (minimum group size is four). This is ideal if your students can’t attend one of our scheduled workshops on the dates scheduled. Private summer workshops are help Monday through Friday. Contact us for more information and pricing.
Student Workshop FAQs › Cancellation and Refund Policy ›