Are you a passionate educator, learning specialist, or recent graduate of an educational therapy program looking to work with students 1-on-1 outside of the traditional classroom?
SOS4Students is the Bay Area’s top academic coaching resource, providing executive function and skills-boosting workshops for teens, parents, and teachers. We are looking for dedicated educators and counselors to join our team of executive function coaches.
Our Coaches Help Students Build Skills to Succeed
Would you like to . . .
- Assist students to identify and implement better study and test prep strategies?
- Collaborate with overwhelmed students to help them balance academics and after-school activities?
- Introduce students to proven techniques for taking notes from books, lectures, and other sources?
- Teach students how to write essays with concise thesis statements and how best to choose supportive quotes from sources and integrate them seamlessly into text?
- Help parents and students problem-solve current issues at home, with the goal of less need for parent oversight or intervention in their student’s daily tasks?
. . . then, join our team!
Changing the World, One Student at a Time
Coach Bianca Contreras describes her coaching journey and working for SOS4Students.
Intro: What is great about working for SOS4Students:
What Parents Tell Us They Need
Below are a few examples of the concerns parents share at intake:
My daughter began complaining of attention issues in middle school. She was recently tested and diagnosed with ADHD…
My son seems to lack the ability to understand the process of planning to complete long-term tasks, academic and otherwise…
My son has always had a decent GPA, yet we sense he is underperforming, and now, in middle school, we see that his grades are trending downward…
My daughter needs help putting systems in place for dealing with a number of school-based tasks, including starting projects and long term papers, and studying for tests, especially midterms and finals…