Parenting for Independence: Hands Off, Support On!
Parenting for Independence: Hands Off, Support On is a fast-paced, two-hour, interactive workshop that equips parents with the tools they need to provide hands-off support designed to empower middle school through high school students. Parents will learn how to balance support with student independence and autonomy, how to collaborate with household planning, strategies for communicating about homework, tips for responsibilities and accountability, when to communicate with the school and how to get support, and much more!
Learn Through Discussion and Collaborative Activities
Parents, Take This Workshop If You Want . . .
- To gain insight on your students current school challenges and how to best support them
- To improve communication and collaboration with your teen
- An understanding of reasonable expectations and how to move your teen towards greater autonomy, independence, and responsibility
- To know when to communicate with the school and how to get support.
Workshop Led by Beth Samuelson, MA
- Founder and executive director of SOS4Students
- 25+ years experience with middle school through college students and their families
- Expert on executive functioning and the teen brain
- Known for her ability to address student, parent, teacher, and clinical audiences with humor, heart, and head.
- 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm
- Wednesday, September 14, 2022
- Lafayette Library (Lafayette, CA)
(Covers Max of Two People Per Household)
- Regular Price: $275
- Early Bird Price: sign up by September 4, 2022 for $225
- Current SOS4Students families get a special rate. Email your SOS4Students coach for your discount code!
What People Are Saying
“Thank you for the informative presentation last night. Loved your reality check, humor and presentation style.” (Donna Hays)
“As a parent of a three, I have attended innumerable presentations on communicating with your teenager, engaging your teenager, jumpstarting your teenager, etc. Your sense of humor, straightforward materials, and message of mutual trust and respect really resonated with me.” (Mara McGrath, VP Programming, Bishop O’Dowd Parent’s Association)
With 30-days’ notice. SOS4Students can create a private workshop this summer for small groups of students who are friends/classmates (minimum group size is four). This is ideal if your students can’t attend one of our scheduled workshops on the dates scheduled. Private workshops are help Monday through Friday. Contact us at for more information and pricing.