Parenting for Independence: Make EF Your BFF
› Online Via Zoom
Using our understanding of neuroscience and mental health, in this 75-minute online session, SOS4Students addresses how executive functioning (EF) skills develop. Participants learn what is realistic to expect of their child at certain stages and how to guide them to meet their potential. The session also addresses potential barriers to success and how to provide effective scaffolds that both reduce anxiety and meet your child at their level.
Executive Function Skills Can Be Taught
Does your child,
- Get overwhelmed easily at school?
- Complete assignments at the last minute?
- Do the work but fail to turn it in?
- Struggle with organization, focus, and the ability to plan?
- Lack follow through?
- Quickly lose interest in projects and assignments?
- Give up when assignments don’t go right?
If you answered “yes” to one or more of these questions, SOS4Students can help!
- 7:00 pm to 8:15 pm
- Wednesday, March 22, 2023
- Via Zoom
- 60-Minute Workshop, plus 15-Minute Q&A Session
(Covers Two People Per Household)
- $150 for single workshop
- $350 if you sign up for all three Parenting for Independence Workshops (February, March, April 2023) at once ($100 savings)
What People Are Saying
“Thank you for the informative presentation last night. Loved your reality check, humor and presentation style.” (Donna Hays)
“As a parent of a three, I have attended innumerable presentations on communicating with your teenager, engaging your teenager, jumpstarting your teenager, etc. Your sense of humor, straightforward materials, and message of mutual trust and respect really resonated with me.” (Mara McGrath, VP Programming, Bishop O’Dowd Parent’s Association)