Partnering with Your Teen’s School: Must Have Tips
› Online Via Zoom
In this 75-minute session, we go over when, how, and why to advocate for your child, including what are reasonable requests to make of your school. You’ll learn steps to foster your child’s self-advocacy and be provided tools to promote these important skills while encouraging independence.
Questions we get asked by parents about how to best support their struggling student . . .
- “Why won’t my child just email their teacher?”
- “How frequently should I check their grades?”
- “Who is the best person to email or call about this?”
Teaching students self-advocacy skills can be extremely challenging. Attend this workshop to learn how you can better navigate the education system and teach your child all-important self advocacy skills.
Learn About . . .
- Putting your teen in the driver’s seat
- Fostering self-advocacy
- Understanding your (the parent’s) changing role
- Identifying what interventions and accommodations are needed
- Writing the school to get what’s needed
- Learn what happens with support after high school
- 7:00 pm to 8:15 pm
- Wednesday, June 21, 2023
- Via Zoom
- 75-Minutes (60-Minute Workshop, plus 15-Minute Q&A)
(Two People Can Attend Per Sign-Up)
- $150 for single workshop
- $350 if you sign up for all three (covers two people attending per workshop)
What People Are Saying
“Thank you for the informative presentation last night. Loved your reality check, humor and presentation style.” (Donna Hays)
“As a parent of a three, I have attended innumerable presentations on communicating with your teenager, engaging your teenager, jumpstarting your teenager, etc. Your sense of humor, straightforward materials, and message of mutual trust and respect really resonated with me.” (Mara McGrath, VP Programming, Bishop O’Dowd Parent’s Association)