Talking to Your Teen: Collaboration vs Collision
› Online Via Zoom
In this 75-minute session, we explore typical parent-child communication issues, including woes and pitfalls. You’ll practice how to give effective praise and feedback that encourages accountability and understanding. Plus, you’ll learn how anxiety can impair effective conversations and how to avoid its trap.
As a parent, have you ever wondered . . .
- “Can I ever say the right thing?”
- “What questions won’t make my kid mad?”
- “How can I get more than one-word answers?”
If so, you are not alone. SOS4Students has strategies and tools you (and your student) can put to use right away.
LEARN ABOUT . . .
- Typical challenges and traps parents fall into
- Virtues of validation
- What absolutely not to say
- How to know what your teen wants: solutions, sympathy, or both
- Language to help – support without judgement
- 7:00 pm to 8:15 pm
- Wednesday, August 2, 2023
- Via Zoom
- 75-Minutes (60-Minute Workshop, plus 15-Minute Q&A)
(Two People Can Attend Per Sign-Up)
- $150 for single workshop
- $350 if you sign up for all three (covers two people attending per workshop)
What People Are Saying
“Thank you for the informative presentation last night. Loved your reality check, humor and presentation style.” (Donna Hays)
“As a parent of a three, I have attended innumerable presentations on communicating with your teenager, engaging your teenager, jumpstarting your teenager, etc. Your sense of humor, straightforward materials, and message of mutual trust and respect really resonated with me.” (Mara McGrath, VP Programming, Bishop O’Dowd Parent’s Association)