Parenting for Independence: Talking Teen
› Online Via Zoom
In this 75-minute online session, we explore parent-child communication, including typical woes and pitfalls. Participants practice how to give effective criticism, praise, and directions that communicate accountability and understanding. Participants learn how ambiguous, inconsistent, and harsh/critical communication can impair effective communication, and how to avoid the “anxiety trap.”
Do You Talk Teen?
As a parent, have you ever wondered,
- “Can I ever say the right thing?”
- “What questions won’t make my kid mad?”
- “How can I get more than one-word answers?”
- “How do I tell them they aren’t doing it right?”
Do you often find yourself,
- Repeating the same directions over and over?
- Asking the same questions every day?
- Avoiding certain topics of conversation?
If so, you are not alone. SOS4Students has answers you (and your student) can put to use right away.
- 7:00 pm to 8:15 pm
- Wednesday, February 22, 2023
- Via Zoom
- 60-Minute Workshop, plus 15-Minute Q&A Session
(Covers Two People Per Household)
- $150 for single workshop
- $350 if you sign up for all three Parenting for Independence Workshops (February, March, April 2023) at once ($100 savings)
What People Are Saying
“Thank you for the informative presentation last night. Loved your reality check, humor and presentation style.” (Donna Hays)
“As a parent of a three, I have attended innumerable presentations on communicating with your teenager, engaging your teenager, jumpstarting your teenager, etc. Your sense of humor, straightforward materials, and message of mutual trust and respect really resonated with me.” (Mara McGrath, VP Programming, Bishop O’Dowd Parent’s Association)