Tools, Training, and On-Site Support for Educators and Schools
SOS4Students partners with teachers, school counselors, and learning specialists to offer professional development, best practices training, and help integrating executive function and skill-building into curriculum to address student academic performance issues.
- 25+ Years of Hands-On Executive Function Experience and Insight
- Best Practices Training & Professional Development Workshops
- Help Integrating Executive Function and Skill-Building into Curriculum
- Help Identifying and Addressing Issues Affecting Student Performance
We work with schools, parents, and students to design and draft 504 Plans or IEPs. We outline goals and strategies to achieve them, plus identify resources and accommodations.
Through meetings, conversations, and correspondence, we explore with all parties what we could add, expand upon, or improve, then draft a plan of action.
Training & Seminars ›
SOS4Students provides interactive seminars for teachers, education specialists, clinicians and their staff, and parents and students. These hands-on, practical training seminars provide materials and information based on the latest research and best practices, plus opportunities for discussion and Q&A. All topics can be customized to a particular interest or need.
Put our 25+ years of experience to work for your faculty and the students they support. We’ll work one-on-one with your staff in 3 to 6 individual coaching sessions where we observe, advise, and mentor on teaching processes and practice.
SOS4Students works with schools to integrate executive function and study strategies into core curriculum, augmented by staff training and supported by materials developed for our workshops and academic coaching.
SOS4Students works with schools to provide on-site academic services for students of all ages and abilities.
These on-campus services include:
- One-on-one Executive Function Coaching for students
- Study Clinics for small groups after school
- SOS Success Teams – weekly, customized study strategy workshops coordinated with teachers and aligned with curriculum
- Peer Mentoring Program that goes beyond tutoring to include executive function strategy and skill building support
As the founder and director of SOS4Students, Beth Samuelson is a frequent and sought after presenter at conferences, schools and educational institutes. She is known for her ability to address student, parent, teacher, and clinical audiences with humor, heart, and head. Her topics are timely and relevant and always include the latest research, expert insight, and candor.