Mastering Middle School
› In-Person at Lafayette Library (Lafayette, CA)
Mastering Middle School is an intensive master workshop that prepares and teaches incoming 6th graders everything they need to know for a successful transition to middle school by providing strategies and tools to fill the gaps where schools fall short.
Students Should Take This Workshop If They . . .
- Are transitioning from 5th to 6th grade (especially if they’re attending a new school)
- Have problems tracking and turning in work
- Struggle to use time effectively
- Have trouble identifying when to advocate for themselves
- Need to hone their academic skills, such as note taking
- Are ready to become more independent and responsible learners.
Mastering Middle School Covers . . .
- Time Management
- Study Space and Backpack Organization
- Project Planning
- Note Taking Strategies (in follow-up session)
- Everything they forgot to tell your student in 5th grade!
Workshops Led by Expert Coaches
- All coaches have extensive experience with middle school students.
- Coaches are empathetic and skilled with teaching students of all abilities.
- Participants gain continued access to Google Classroom for additional resources.
- Attendees learn SOS4Students’ acclaimed executive function skills and study strategies.
TWO-DAY INTENSIVE WORKSHOP
- Friday, July 28 and Saturday, July 29, from 11 am to 1 pm
- Saturday, September 16, 2023, from 9 am to 11 am
- Via Zoom, date to be determined
- Lock in 2022 Prices by Registering Before June 30: $655
- Interested in signing up for multiple workshops?
- Have more than one student you want to enroll?
Fill out our simple multiple workshop/student enrollment form to create your own workshop bundle and save on enrollment fees: 10% off two workshops and 15% off on three or more workshops.
Bundle Discounts ›
What People Are Saying
“One thing Graham repeated over to me about his experience last weekend was how cool and great the teachers were. Their warmth and interest in the kids being successful came across to him loud and clear.” (Donna Hays)
“[Our daughter] worked very hard and has learned a lot about how she learns and how she needs to study in order for her test scores to more accurately reflect what she knows. Thank you and SOS for your part in the heavy lifting that helped to bring us here.” (Amy Shutkin)
With 30-days’ notice. SOS4Students can create a private workshop for small groups of students who are friends/classmates (minimum group size is four). This is ideal if your students can’t attend one of our scheduled workshops on the dates scheduled. Private summer workshops are help Monday through Friday. Contact us at for more information and pricing.