Middle school is a big transition for students and parents. Partnering for Middle School Success helps students learn to navigate their new world and gain independence while parents learn how to step back and let students take the lead.
Collaboration for Academic Success for 6th Graders & Their Families
In Partnering for Middle School Success, Parents and Students Will Learn . . .
- About the tween brain and how executive function comes into play
- The new academic expectations that come with middle school
- How to communicate effectively, especially around schedules, schoolwork, and extracurriculars
- To establish realistic expectations of responsibilities.
Workshop Led by SOS Director, Beth Samuelson
- More than 25 years educating and supporting teens, young adults, and parents
- Masters in Developmental Teacher Education with a focus on cognitive and moral development.
- Founder and director of SOS4Students
- Frequent and sought-after presenter, seminar leader, and keynote speaker known for her enthusiasm, energy, humor, insight, and straight talk.
- Summer 2023
- Lafayette Library (Lafayette, CA)
TO BE ANNOUNCED
What People Are Saying
“Thank you for the informative presentation last night. Loved your reality check, humor and presentation style.” (Donna Hays)
“As a parent of a three, I have attended innumerable presentations on communicating with your teenager, engaging your teenager, jumpstarting your teenager, etc. Your sense of humor, straightforward materials, and message of mutual trust and respect really resonated with me.” (Mara McGrath, VP Programming, Bishop O’Dowd Parent’s Association)