School Year Coaching with SOS4Students is a great way to build or hone executive function and study strategy skills during the school year. School Year Coaching helps your student address immediate needs with school work, as well as addressing longer term skills, such as organizational and time management skills.
Build Academic Skills and Address Areas of Need
Reasons Students Might Need Executive Function Coaching . . .
- They Feel Overwhelmed by the Transition to a New School or Grade Level
- They are Having Difficulty Juggling Increased Workloads and Activities
- To Strengthen Organization, Time Management, and Overall Executive Functioning Skills
- They Need 1-On-1 Individualized Instruction in Specific Areas
- To Improve Expository Writing, Reading Comprehension, Note Taking, and Other Skills.
Benefits of School Year Coaching . . .
- Address Challenges As They’re Happening
- Implement Strategies During the School Year that Can Make A Difference
- Ability to Connect with Student’s Teachers, Attend 504 and IEP Meetings
- Opportunity to Prep for Finals with the Help of A Coach
- Gives Students the Opportunity to Work with A Coach Without Impacting Summer Plans or Jobs.
All Students Receive Expert Instruction
- All coaches have extensive experience with middle school, high school, and college students.
- Coaches are empathetic and skilled with teaching students of all abilities.
- Students learn our acclaimed executive function skills and study strategies
- Initial coaching package includes a parent consult, 6 student coaching sessions, and a parent follow-up meeting
- Minimum of 6 student sessions with one coach (online or in-person)
- Depending on progress you may, in consultation with your coach, sign up for additional sessions
- Participation in school year coaching does not ensure students a spot in our summer coaching program. Summer coaching is a separate program.
SOS4STUDENTS SCHOOL YEAR COACHING
- Runs from August to June
- All Sessions Are 50 minutes
- Sessions Held at Our Offices in Walnut Creek and Oakland (Montclair district) or Online
- Cost starts at $185 per session
SIGN UP NOW
School year coaching runs from August to June. Click on “Get Started” below to fill out our coaching intake form and schedule an intake call. We look forward to working with your student.
Get Started ›
What People Are Saying
“You’ve given (our son) some great tools and the knowledge that he can accomplish more than he was willing to admit previously. We so appreciate your help.” (Ellen Odza)
“Our son received excellent help in an environment that he loved. SOS also provided expert advice to us as parents on how to help him throughout the week. We learned a lot, as did our son. I feel all students, with or without learning challenges, could benefit from SOS.”” (Terry Riggins)
For school-year and summer coaching and other appointments, SOS4Students requires 24-hours’ notice to reschedule. Except in emergencies (health, etc.), appointments cancelled with less than 24 hours’ notice will be billed at the regular rate. Missed appointments will also be billed at the regular rate. Please review or full policy on our Cancellation and Refund Policy page.
Coaching FAQs ›