Take Note: Introduction to Note Taking for Grades 7 & 8
› In-Person at Lafayette Library (Lafayette, CA)
Take Note: Introduction to Note Taking for Grades 7 & 8 recognizes how vital note taking is for students to find success in school. Learning this fundamental skill in middle school lays the groundwork for continued success in high school, college, and beyond.
This Workshop Teaches Students . . .
- Why note taking is vital skill for school success
- Key literary concepts and close reading strategies that aid in comprehension and in identifying critical information to note
- How to use various types of notes and personalize them for the student and/or the task or subject at hand
- How to leverage notes for studying and papers.
Workshops Led by Expert Coaches
- All coaches have extensive experience with middle school students.
- Coaches are empathetic and skilled with teaching students of all abilities.
- Participants gain continued access to Google Classroom for additional resources.
- Attendees learn SOS4Students’ acclaimed executive function skills and study strategies.
ONE-DAY INTENSIVE WORKSHOP
- Saturday, September 23, 2023, from 9 am to 12:30 pm
- Regular Price Effective July 21: $395
- Interested in signing up for multiple workshops?
- Have more than one student you want to enroll?
Fill out our simple multiple workshop/student enrollment form to create your own workshop bundle and save on enrollment fees: 10% off two workshops and 15% off on three or more workshops.
Bundle Discounts ›
SAME-DAY, WALK-IN REGISTRATION
Change of Plans? Walk-in registration is available for summer workshops
First-come, first-served on day workshop is scheduled.
Learn More ›
What People Are Saying
“This was really worth getting up for! I’m definitely going to keep and use the stuff they gave me; I’m actually rearranging my backpack to make this easier.” (Student)
“This workshop was the missing link for my son’s academic success and a positive boost for his self confidence!.” (Parent)