Take Note: Introduction to Note Taking for Grades 7 & 8
Take Note: Introduction to Note Taking for Grades 7 & 8 recognizes how vital note taking is for students to find success in school. Learning this fundamental skill in middle school lays the groundwork for continued success in high school, college, and beyond.
Build Fundamental Note Taking Skills for Continued Success
This Workshop Teaches Students . . .
- Why note taking is vital skill for school success
- Key literary concepts and close reading strategies that aid in comprehension and in identifying critical information to note
- How to use various types of notes and personalize them for the student and/or the task or subject at hand
- How to leverage notes for studying and papers.
Workshops Led by Expert Coaches
- All coaches have extensive experience with middle school students.
- Coaches are empathetic and skilled with teaching students of all abilities.
- Participants gain continued access to Google Classroom for additional resources.
- Attendees learn SOS4Students’ acclaimed executive function skills and study strategies.
- Summer 2023
- Lafayette Library (Lafayette, CA)
TO BE ANNOUNCED
What People Are Saying
“This was really worth getting up for! I’m definitely going to keep and use the stuff they gave me; I’m actually rearranging my backpack to make this easier.” (Student)
“This workshop was the missing link for my son’s academic success and a positive boost for his self confidence!.” (Parent)