Hands-on, Practical Training Based on Current Thinking and Best Practices
SOS4Students provides interactive seminars for teachers, education specialists, clinicians and their staff, and parents and students. These hands-on, practical training seminars provide materials and information based on the latest research and best practices, plus opportunities for discussion and Q&A. All topics can be customized to a particular interest or need.
- Customizable Programs for Teachers, Education Specialists, Clinical Staff, Parents and Students
- Can Be Tailored for Online or In-Person Presentation
- Educators Learn to Deliver Dynamic Study Strategy and Executive Function Workshops Using Our Curriculum
- Clinical Staff and Educators Explore the Challenges of Multiple Learning Styles, Executive Function Skills, and the Teen Brain
- Parents and Students Learn to Collaborate at Home to Improve Academic Performance and Boost Communication Skills
This 3-hour workshop provides an overview of the neurocognitive make-up of the teen brain and the way in which executive functions such as attention, working memory, self-regulation, and organization play an essential role in school performance.
- Professional development workshop for teachers
- Designed for teachers in all subject areas; no background in learning disabilities is assumed or needed
- Training is hands-on and discussion based
This 2-hour workshop for teachers and staff explores how the teen brain is different from the adult brain, particularly the way in which executive functions such as attention, working memory, self-regulation, and organization play an essential role in school performance.
- Executive function workshop for teachers and staff
- How to identify executive function issues
- Simple but effective ways to provide assistance and accommodations
This two 2-hour, interactive, professional development presentation focuses on executive functioning skills and the teen brain. Participants will come away with concrete strategies to boost learning across various subject areas.
- Professional development workshop for teachers and educators
- Focuses on executive function skills and the teen brain
- Addresses typical student challenges that hinder learning
During this dynamic 2-hour workshop, parent-student teams work together on a variety of exercises including note taking, designing a study space and multi-tasking. Activities will sometimes involve working with other families and role reversal where parents become the student and vice versa to foster better understanding and perspective taking.
- Interactive workshop for parents/caregivers and their children/students
- Teaches parents and students how to better connect and collaborate
- Helps improve academic performance and communication skills
- 2 hours
In this workshop, parents learn how to team up with their students/children to better connect and collaborate at home to improve academic performance and boost communication skills.
- Interactive presentation for parents
- learn how to better connect and collaborate with your child to improve academic performance and communication skills
- 90 minutes
To discuss presenting these training seminars for your faculty, parent group, or professional organization, contact SOS4Students at or (510) 531-4767 for more information. We can also customize training to address timely topics delivered with the latest research , expert insight, and candor. Sessions can be delivered in-person or online.