Join the Coaching Team at SOS4Students!
Are you a passionate educator, learning specialist, or recent graduate of an educational therapy program looking to work with students 1-on-1 outside of the classroom?
SOS4Students is the Bay Area’s top academic coaching resource, providing acclaimed workshops for teens, parents, and teachers. We are looking for dedicated educators and counselors to join our team of Executive Function Coaches.
Our Coaches Help Students Build Skills to Succeed in School
Would you like to . . .
- Assist students in identifying and implementing better study strategies and prepare for tests?
- Collaborate with overwhelmed students in making more effective choices to simplify their lives, such as how to schedule after-school activities?
- Introduce students to proven techniques for taking notes from books, lectures, and other sources?
- Teach students how to write essays with concise thesis statements and how best to choose supportive quotes from sources and integrate them seamlessly into text?
- Help parents and students problem-solve current issues at home by brainstorming to create routines that add structure to home life—with the goal of less need for parent oversight or intervention in the student’s daily tasks?
. . . then, join our team!
What Parents Tell Us They Need
Below are a few examples of the concerns parents share at intake:
My daughter began complaining of attention issues in middle school. She was recently tested and diagnosed with ADHD…
My son seems to lack the ability to understand the process of planning to complete long-term tasks, academic and otherwise…
My son has always had a decent GPA, yet we sense he is underperforming, and now, in middle school, we see that his grades are trending downward…
My daughter needs help putting systems in place for dealing with a number of school-based tasks, including starting projects and long term papers, and studying for tests, especially midterms and finals…