Middle School is a Whole New Ball Game
FOR STUDENTS ENTERING 6th GRADE
Is your student ready for the challenges and changes that come with middle school?
Make sure your student is equipped to make a successful transition into the fall.
Friday & Saturday
July 31st & August 1st, 2020
9:00 am to 11:00 am
(2 hours each day)
Tuesday, August 4th, 2020
6:00 pm to 7:30 pm
STUDENT FOLLOW UP
Saturday, September 12th, 2020
9:00 am to 11:00 am
Registration is Now Closed
Make sure your student is equipped to make a successful transition into fall.
- Mastering Middle School is an intensive master workshop that prepares and teaches your student everything they need to know for a successful transition to middle school.
- This course provides the strategies and tools to fill the gaps where schools fall short.
- This course includes the initial workshop, a follow up parent meeting, and a first semester student check-in session to ensure students and parents have the information and strategies they need.
Mastering Middle School provides the tools and techniques students need to handle the challenges of middle school.
We cover . . .
- Time Management
- Study Space and Backpack Organization
- Project Planning
- Note Taking Strategies (in follow up session)
Everything they forgot to tell your student in 5th grade!
Your child should take this workshop if . . .
- They are transitioning from 5th grade to 6th grade, especially if your child will be attended a new school
- They have problems tracking and turning in work
- They struggle to use time effectively
- They have trouble identifying when to advocate for themselves
- You feel your child may not be fully set up with academic skills, such as note taking, to be successful in Middle School
- They are ready to become more independent and responsible in managing academics with less parent support
All students receive expert instruction
- No more than 6 students per instructor
- Instructors for this course are SOS senior coaches with extensive experience working with middle school students.
- SOS coaches are empathetic and skilled with teaching students of all abilities. The in-depth experience of our coaches allows them to leverage student strengths to shore up student weaknesses.
- Students receive the individualized attention they need.
Mastering Middle School prepares your student for success
✔ Low Student to Instructor Ratio
✔ Maximum Personal Attention
✔ 6 Hours of Student Workshop Time
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING…
“One thing Graham repeated over to me about his experience last weekend was how cool and great the teachers were. Their warmth and interest in the kids being successful came across to him loud and clear.” (Donna Hays)
“[Our daughter] worked very hard and has learned a lot about how she learns and how she needs to study in order for her test scores to more accurately reflect what she knows. Thank you and SOS for your part in the heavy lifting that helped to bring us here.” (Amy Shutkin)
Did you know that SOS workshops can be customized for your small group of students, such as your child and 3 of his or her closest friends, or if your child can’t attend a workshop on the dates scheduled?
CONTACT US for pricing.