Critical Study Strategies Students Need
FOR STUDENTS ENTERING
7th & 8th Grade
2:00 pm to 3:30 pm | August 17 & 18, 2019
Lafayette Library (Oak Room) Lafayette, CA | $275
SIGN UP NOW
We arm students with the tools and strategies they need to be successful, independent learners and self-advocates.
Entering 7th and 8th grades, middle school students are faced with the demands of increasingly complex homework, long-term assignments and outside activities. Plus students want to be more independent!
Study strategies are essential in order to successfully manage these competing priorities. Yet these strategies are infrequently taught in schools.
Here’s where SOS4Students steps in.
Middle School Blitz is a fast-paced, hands-on half-day workshop designed to make middle school easier to manage for your student.
We teach students to have control over their time and their workload so they can be self-sufficient, independent learners.
Middle School Assignments are More Project-Oriented than Ever
Often students are assigned multiple projects at once. Students struggle just to understand what’s being asked of them, let alone to create a timeline or plan of action.
We give students the tools and techniques they need to complete large projects independently.
>> Projects Require a Host of Skills . . .
- Time management
- Setting goals & objectives
- Compilation & organization of information & materials
- Note taking strategies
>> Middle School Blitz Teaches Students to . . .
- Meet academic challenges.
- Plan for multi-step projects and papers.
- Develop self-advocacy skills.
- Take notes effectively.
- Manage their time.
- Deal with distractions such as cell phones & computers.
>> All Students Receive Expert Instruction
- Instructors for this course are SOS senior coaches with extensive experience working with middle school students at all levels.
- SOS coaches are empathetic and skilled with teaching students of all abilities. Our coaches in-depth experience allows them to leverage students’ strengths to shore up their weaknesses.
>> Middle School Blitz Prepares Your Student For Success in Grades 7 & 8
✔No More than 6 Students Per Instructor
✔Maximum Individual Attention
Students Learn Skills They Will Use for Years to Come!
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING…
“Jayne took your Middle School Blitz in the fall and loved it – I mean, loved it. Somehow it hit a chord with her. Thank you for the fabulous class.” (Parent)
“SOS4Students has been a life-saver for my 7th grade son.” (Parent)
Space is Limited. Sign Up Your Student Today.
Did you know that SOS workshops can be customized for your small group of students, such as your child and 3 of his or her closest friends, or if your child can’t attend a workshop on the dates scheduled?
CONTACT US for pricing.