Critical Study Strategies
FOR STUDENTS IN
6th, 7th, or 8th Grade
9:00 am to 12:30 pm PT
Saturday, February 20, 2021
Lafayette Library (Lafayette, CA)
Early Bird Registration: $335
Regular Price: $375
SIGN UP NOW (In-Person)
9:00 am to 10:30 am PT
Saturday, February 27 &
Sunday, February 28, 2021
Early Bird Registration: $315
Regular Price: $355
SIGN UP NOW (Online)
We provide students with the tools and strategies they need to be successful, independent learners and self-advocates.
Middle School Booster is a fast-paced workshop designed to make middle school easier to manage for your student.
Middle School Assignments are More Project-Oriented than Ever
Often students are assigned multiple projects at once. They struggle just to understand what’s being asked of them, let alone to create a timeline or plan of action.
We give students the tools and techniques they need to complete large or small projects independently.
» Projects Require a Host of Skills:
- Time management
- Setting goals & objectives
- Compilation & organization of information & materials
- Note taking strategies
» Middle School Booster Teaches Students to:
- Meet academic challenges
- Plan for multi-step projects and papers
- Develop self-advocacy skills
- Take notes effectively
- Manage their time
- Deal with distractions such as cell phones & computers
» WORKSHOPS LED BY EXPERT COACHES
- All coaches have extensive experience with middle school students.
- Coaches are empathetic and skilled with teaching students of all abilities.
- Participants gain continued access to Google Classroom for additional resources.
- Attendees learn SOS4Students’ acclaimed executive function skills and study strategies.
Students Learn Skills They Will Use for Years to Come!
In-Person or Online — Which is Best for Your Student?
- Enjoy a maximum 6:1 ratio
- Benefit from learning with a group of peers in real time
- Immediate feedback and support from coaches
- Ideal for students who struggle with distance learning and miss the classroom setting
- Get the latest tips and tools for maximizing online learning platforms
- Enjoy reduced screen time
- Maximum 4:1 ratio
- Live, guided instruction with instructors well versed in engaging students using online platforms
- Easy to attend from anywhere via Zoom
- Incorporates many of the resources and learning platforms that students use today for distance learning
- Students receive individualized feedback on digital assignments throughout the workshop
Space is Limited. Sign Up Today.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING…
“Our daughter took an SOS4Students middle school workshop last summer and loved it – REALLY loved it. It struck a chord with her. Thank you!” (Parent)
“SOS4Students has been a life-saver for my 7th grade son.” (Parent)
Did you know that SOS workshops can be customized for your small group of students, such as your child and 3 of his or her closest friends, or if your child can’t attend a workshop on the dates scheduled?
CONTACT US for pricing.