The Essential Skill Not Taught in Schools
FOR STUDENTS ENTERING GRADES 9 to 12
Students learn the tools to take effective notes.
SESSION A – REGISTRATION CLOSED
Tuesday/Wednesday, July 14th to 15th, 2020
6:30 to 8:00 pm PT
SESSION B – REGISTRATION CLOSED
Tuesday/Wednesday, July 21st to 22nd, 2020
10:00 am to 11:30 am PT
Online or In-Person Workshop, which is right for my student? FAQs
Interested in our in-person version of this workshop? Click here.
Effective note taking is an essential skill that makes reading and class time more productive but is rarely taught in school.
We Demystify the Note Taking Process By:
- Teaching note taking techniques for different learning styles.
- Giving students effective methods for organizing notes for different classes or purposes (study, research, etc).
- Providing a “close reading” strategy to help students identify important information to take notes on.
- Focusing on learning and retention, both during the note taking process, and review.
- Explaining how to most effectively use notes for tests and papers.
- Providing all students with best practice tips for both text and lectures.
This workshop is for your student if your child . . .
- Is enrolled in grades 9 to 12
- Struggles with finding important information on a given page of reading.
- Takes notes that are unorganized or the organizational system being used does not seem to promote learning and retention
- Only takes notes when required to by a teacher
- Has notes but doesn’t know how to use them
- Copies verbatim from a text book without a sense of what he or she is actually reading
- Takes too many or too few notes.
Benefits of online summer workshops
- Location convenience, students just need access to internet and computer with camera and microphone
- Instructors are SOS senior coaches with extensive experience working with teenagers.
- Hands on application and use of many of the resources students may be using in the classroom or with online learning
- Have continued access to online learning modules
- Shorter time commitment each day (max 1.5 hours)
- Morning and evening sessions available
Secrets of Successful Note Taking prepares your student for success!
✔ Low Student to Instructor Ratio
✔ Maximum Individual Attention
✔ 3 Hours of Student Workshop Time
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING…
“This was really worth getting up for! I’m definitely going to keep and use the stuff they gave me; I’m actually rearranging my backpack to make this easier.” (David S., 16)
“The SOS Note Taking class was the missing link for my son’s academic success and a positive boost for his self confidence!” (Tammy, parent)
Registration for Sessions A & B Is Now Closed.
Did you know that SOS workshops can be customized for your small group of students, such as your child and 3 of his or her closest friends, or if your child can’t attend a workshop on the dates scheduled?
CONTACT US for pricing.
CONTACT US for pricing.