Critical Study Strategies
FOR STUDENTS IN
9th, 10th, 11th & 12th Grade
1:30 pm to 5:00 pm PT
Saturday, February 20, 2021
Lafayette Library (Lafayette, CA)
Early Bird Registration: $335
Regular Price: $375
SIGN UP NOW (In-Person)
11:00 am to 12:30 pm PT
Saturday, February 27 &
Sunday, February 28, 2021
Early Bird Registration: $315
Regular Price: $355
SIGN UP NOW (Online)
Effective note taking is the essential skill students must learn by the time they reach 9th grade, but unfortunately, many have never been trained.
This workshop is ideal for students who missed out on Secrets of Successful Note Taking last summer or who could use a mid-year tune-up of their note taking skills!
» Does your teen. . .
- Only take notes when required to by a teacher?
- Take notes but lack the skills to use them?
- Copy verbatim from the textbook without a sense of what they are actually reading?
» We demystify the note taking process by. . .
- Teaching techniques for different learning styles
- Giving students effective methods for different classes
- Explaining how to use notes most effectively for tests and papers
- Providing all students with best practices for textbooks, videos, and lectures
Students Learn a Replicable System for Taking Notes
Many students view note taking as merely a chore or ritual, rather than a useful tool to make their reading and class time more productive. This course develops dependable strategies that students can turn to again and again.
» WORKSHOPS LED BY EXPERT COACHES
- All coaches have extensive experience with high school students.
- Coaches are empathetic and skilled with teaching students of all abilities.
- Participants gain continued access to Google Classroom for additional resources.
- Attendees learn SOS4Students’ acclaimed executive function skills and study strategies.
Students Learn Skills They Will Use for Years to Come!
In-Person or Online — Which is Best for Your Student?
- Enjoy a maximum 6:1 ratio
- Benefit from learning with a group of peers in real time
- Immediate feedback and support from coaches
- Ideal for students who struggle with distance learning and miss the classroom setting
- Get the latest tips and tools for maximizing online learning platforms
- Enjoy reduced screen time
- Maximum 4:1 ratio
- Live, guided instruction with instructors well versed in engaging students using online platforms
- Easy to attend from anywhere via Zoom
- Incorporates many of the resources and learning platforms that students use today for distance learning
- Students receive individualized feedback on digital assignments throughout the workshop
Space is Limited. Sign Up Today.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING…
“This was really worth getting up for! I’m definitely going to keep and use the stuff they gave me; I’m actually rearranging my backpack to make this easier.” (David S., 16)
“The SOS4Students Note Taking class was the missing link for my son’s academic success and a positive boost for his self confidence!” (Tammy, parent)
Did you know that SOS workshops can be customized for your small group of students, such as your child and 3 of his or her closest friends, or if your child can’t attend a workshop on the dates scheduled?
CONTACT US for pricing.