The Essential Skill
FOR STUDENTS IN
9th, 10th, 11th & 12th Grade
1:30 pm to 5:00 pm | February 8, 2020
SIGN UP NOW
Effective note taking is an essential skill students must learn by the time they reach 9th grade, but unfortunately, many have never been trained.
This workshop is ideal for students who missed out on Secrets of Successful Note Taking last summer or who could use a mid-year tune-up of their note taking skills!
» Does Your Teen . . .
- Only take notes when required to by a teacher?
- Have notes but doesn’t know how to use them?
- Copy verbatim from the text book without a sense of what he or she is actually reading?
- Take too many or too few notes?
» We demystify the Note Taking Process By . . .
- Teaching techniques for different learning styles
- Giving students effective methods for different classes
- Explaining how to use notes most effectively for tests and papers
- Providing all students with best practice tips for both text and lectures
We arm students with the tools they need to take effective notes.
Students Learn a Replicable System for Taking Notes
Many students view note taking as merely a chore or ritual, rather than a useful tool to make their reading and class time more productive.
This course develops dependable strategies that students can turn to again and again.
» Our Guidance Will . . .
- Help students find note taking styles that work for them
- Familiarize students with using notes to complete assignments, prepare essays, and study for tests
- Free students from unproductive note taking habits
» All Students Receive Expert Instruction
- Instructors for this course are SOS senior coaches with extensive experience working with teenagers.
- SOS coaches are empathetic and skilled with teaching students of all abilities. The in-depth experience of our coaches allows them to leverage student strengths to shore up weaknesses.
- Whether your student has a learning disability or is an Advanced Placement student tackling more complex assignments, he or she will receive the individualized attention needed.
» Secrets of Successful Note Taking Prepares Your Student for Success
✔ Maximum Individual Attention
✔ 3.5 Hours of Workshop Time
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING…
“This was really worth getting up for! I’m definitely going to keep and use the stuff they gave me; I’m actually rearranging my backpack to make this easier.” (David S., 16)
“The SOS4Students Note Taking class was the missing link for my son’s academic success and a positive boost for his self confidence!” (Tammy, parent)
Space is Limited to 12 Students. Sign Up Today.
Bookings are no longer available for this event.
Did you know that SOS workshops can be customized for your small group of students, such as your child and 3 of his or her closest friends, or if your child can’t attend a workshop on the dates scheduled?
CONTACT US for pricing.