The Essential Skill Not Taught in Schools
FOR STUDENTS ENTERING
9th, 10th, 11th & 12th Grade
9 am to 12 noon | September 16, 2018
Tilden Prep (Walnut Creek Campus) | $245
SIGN UP NOW
Effective note taking is an essential skill students must learn by the time they reach 9th grade, but unfortunately, many have never been trained.
>> Does Your Teen . . .
- Only take notes when required to by a teacher?
- Have notes but doesn’t know how to use them?
- Copy verbatim from the text book without a sense of what they are actually reading?
- Take too many or too few notes?
>> We demystify the Note Taking Process By . . .
- Teaching techniques for different learning styles
- Giving students effective methods for different classes
- Explaining how to most effectively use notes for tests and papers
- Providing all students with best practice tips for both text and lectures
We arm students with the tools they need to take effective notes.
Students Learn a Replicable System for Taking Notes
Many students view note taking as merely a chore or ritual, rather than a useful tool to make their reading and class time more productive.
This course develops dependable strategies that students can turn to again and again.
>> Our Guidance Will . . .
- Help students find note taking styles that work for them
- Familiarize students with using notes to complete assignments, prepare essays, and study for tests
- Free students from unproductive note taking habits
>> All Students Receive Expert Instruction
- Instructors for this course are SOS senior coaches with extensive experience working with teenagers.
- SOS coaches are empathetic and skilled with teaching students of all abilities. Our coaches in-depth experience allows them to leverage students’ strengths to shore up their weaknesses.
- Whether your student has a learning disability or is an Advanced Placement student tackling more complex assignments, they will receive the individualized attention they need.
>> Secrets of Successful Note Taking Prepares Your Student for Success
✔1 to 6 Students Per Instructor
✔Maximum Personal Attention
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING…
“This was really worth getting up for! I’m definitely going to keep and use the stuff they gave me; I’m actually rearranging my backpack to make this easier.” (David S., 16)
“The SOS Note Taking class was the missing link for my son’s academic success and a positive boost for his self confidence!” (Tammy, parent)
Space is Limited. Sign Up Your Student Today.