Webinar to Help Parents & Students Achieve Success with At-Home Learning
GEARED TOWARD MIDDLE SCHOOL & HIGH SCHOOL AGED STUDENTS
Tips & Tools for At-Home Learning Success
Recorded April 8, 2020 (approximately 90 minutes)
✔ Pre-Recorded, On-Demand
✔ Access to PowerPoint with Resources, Tips and Tools
✔ Questions & Answers
✔ Contact SOS4Students to Arrange a Custom Webinar for Your School, Group, or Organization
Access On-Demand for $25
Zoom Set-up Instructions
Extra Support for You and Your Student.
Due to the Corona Virus pandemic and its impact on households, schools, and businesses, families across the country are facing the same challenge: how do they encourage a healthy academic experience in the face of distance learning?
- Many parents and caregivers may be feeling overwhelmed as they try to work remotely and “home school” their children at the same time.
- Students have been thrown into a new way of learning, needing to tackle the challenges of new platforms, dealing with changes in how they are now receiving information, and ever-present technology distractions.
SOS4Students, the Bay Area’s premier academic coaching company, specializing in executive function skills, has created a 75-minute webinar, “Student Distance Learning: A Webinar for Parents and Students in an Ever-Changing Landscape.”
This Webinar Covers . . .
- Differences between classroom and online learning
- How parents can encourage students to self-pace in learning without micromanaging
- How students can combat distractions that come from technology
- How parents and students can overcome anxiety associated with new routines and the disruption of old ones.
This Webinar is followed by a 15-minute Q&A session with SOS director Beth Samuelson. It also features access to a PowerPoint with resources, tips, and tools.
Download/Set-Up Zoom ⇒
If you’re not familiar with Zoom, rest easy. Downloading and setting up the Zoom App on your phone, tablet, or laptop is an easy process. To do so, visit the Zoom download page at the Zoom.us website. The Zoom Download page provides various links to download the app for desktop and laptop computers “Zoom Client for Meetings” (PC, Mac, Linux), mobile devices (Apple IOS and Android), Outlook, and several other options.