Summer coaching keeps students in the groove and primed for challenges to come.
Summer is always a great time to build skills for the upcoming school year—especially this year with the unexpected early closure of schools due to the coronavirus pandemic.
The past few months have been challenging for students. Learning loss from at-home lessons versus traditional classroom settings and one-on-one teacher interaction is real, especially for students with executive functioning difficulties.
SOS Summer Coaching is now available online and in-person to address areas of need as we transition to the next school year.
With SOS Summer Coaching, Your Teen Can . . .
- Strengthen organization, time management and overall executive functioning.
- Receive one-one-one individualized instruction on specific areas of student need.
- Get additional support for summer school courses.
- Improve expository writing and/or reading comprehension.
- Focus on prep for those entering college in September.
Give Your Student a Leg up on the Year Ahead
For too many students, the enjoyments of summer can coincide with the fading of hard-won knowledge and the weakening of the academic skills they will need more than ever in the new school year.
Coaching during these months keeps teens on the ball and gives them an edge in facing the school year ahead.
Benefits of Summer Coaching
- No homework to juggle
- Time to focus on specific study strategy areas of concern
- Customized sessions with talented coaches
- Opportunity to make significant changes to enhance academic performance
- Flexible schedule to work around your other summer plans
College Transitions Coaching . . .
Give your student the opportunity to get ready for his or her first semester away from home. Prepare him or her with help with:
All Students Receive Expert Instruction
- Sign up for 4 or 6 sessions with one coach (online or in-person).
- Depending on the work covered you may, in consultation with your coach, decide to sign up for additional sessions.
- Coaching sessions are all 50 minutes in length.
- Sessions are offered at SOS offices in Walnut Creek and Oakland (Montclair district) + online sessions.
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING…
“You’ve given him some great tools and the knowledge that [our son] can accomplish more than he was willing to admit previously. We so appreciate your help!” (Ellen Odza)
“Our son received excellent help in an environment that he loved. SOS also provided expert advice to us as parents on how to help him throughout the week. We learned a lot, as did our son. I feel all students, with or without learning challenges, could benefit from SOS.” (Terry Riggins)
IMPORTANT: Placement in our summer coaching program in no way guarantees students a spot on that coach’s schedule for fall or that of any other coach. Students must be on our fall waiting list to secure a slot for the school year. Summer coaching is a separate program entirely. Sessions during the summer do not count as “credit” towards our initial school year coaching package, which is paid for separately.