Summer coaching keeps students in the groove and primed for challenges to come.
Summer is always a great time to build skills for the upcoming school year. The past year has been challenging for students. Learning loss from at-home lessons versus traditional classroom settings and one-on-one teacher interaction is real, especially for students with executive functioning difficulties.
SOS Summer Coaching can address areas of need as your student transitions to the next school year.
» Reasons a student might need summer coaching:
- For summer school support
- For help with college applications, essay writing, and/or to prep for entering college in September
- To learn strategies for managing sports and academics
- To strengthen organization, time management and overall executive functioning
- To receive one-one-one individualized instruction on specific areas
- To improve expository writing and/or reading comprehension.
Give Your Student a Leg up on the Year Ahead
Coaching during summer months keeps students on the ball and gives them an edge in facing the school year ahead.
Benefits of Summer Coaching
- No homework to juggle
- Time to focus on specific study strategy areas of concern
- Customized sessions with talented coaches
- Opportunity to make significant changes to enhance academic performance
- Flexible schedule to work around your other summer plans
- Gives college students the opportunity to prep for the all-important first semester away from home.
All Students Receive Expert Instruction
- Sign up for 4 or 6 sessions with one coach (online or in-person).
- Depending on the work covered you may, in consultation with your coach, decide to sign up for additional sessions.
- Coaching sessions are all 50 minutes in length.
- Sessions are offered at SOS4Students offices in Walnut Creek and Oakland (Montclair district) + online sessions.
Register Now for 2021 Summer Coaching
WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING…
“You’ve given [our son] some great tools and the knowledge that he can accomplish more than he was willing to admit previously. We so appreciate your help!” (Ellen Odza)
“Our son received excellent help in an environment that he loved. SOS also provided expert advice to us as parents on how to help him throughout the week. We learned a lot, as did our son. I feel all students, with or without learning challenges, could benefit from SOS.” (Terry Riggins)
IMPORTANT: Placement in our summer coaching program in no way guarantees students a spot on that coach’s schedule for fall or that of any other coach. Students must be on our fall waiting list to secure a slot for the school year. Summer coaching is a separate program entirely. Sessions during the summer do not count as “credit” towards our initial school year coaching package, which is paid for separately.
Summer Coaching Availability Calendar
Step 1. Choose coach based on availability below. (Angela, Beth, Elaine, Julie, or Hailey.) All office sessions are available online too!
Step 2. Book a 4-session or 6-session Coaching Package. (Example, choose “Beth package” for Beth Samuelson.)
Step 3. Click Schedule in the receipt to book four or six appointments.
Sign Up Now