› Offered Fall 2024
Writing Rx gives high school students the tools and strategies they need to take charge of their expository writing, including ways to overcome writer’s block, organize paragraphs and essays, and gather and validate supporting evidence.
Students Should Take This Workshop If They . . .
- Are entering grades 9 through 12
- Struggle with multi-paragraph writing
- Are challenged by having to use evidence in writing
- Freeze up and have trouble getting started with writing assignments
- Frequently put off writing assignments until just before a due date
- Struggle to organize their ideas into well-crafted essays.
Writing Rx Teaches Students To . . .
- Turn their ideas or “brainstorms” into organized outlines for their essays
- Replace “analysis paralysis” with an easy to follow sequence of steps
- Use a replicable organizational system no matter what the subject or type of writing assignment
- Craft thesis statements and construct paragraphs with topic sentences and concluding sentences
- Structure a coherent essay from hook to conclusion
- Focus on literature analysis and use of evidence
- Gather, correlate, and analyze evidence from multiple sources to support their theme or claim
- Integrate media and digital materials with text
- Get the help they need from instructors.
Workshops Led by Expert Coaches
- All coaches have extensive experience with high school students.
- Coaches are empathetic and skilled with teaching students of all abilities.
- Participants gain continued access to Google Classroom for additional resources.
- Attendees learn SOS4Students’ acclaimed executive function skills and study strategies.
What People Are Saying
“Yesterday, (my son) had a paper to write. He used the suggestions from Write On as a way to help him format a cogent, well-articulated paper. The materials are excellent and really made the process much easier for him than it has been in the past. Thank you for giving him an invaluable tool that he can use for the rest of his life.” (Parent)
“SOS was the missing link for my son’s academic success and a positive boost for his self confidence!” (Tammy, Parent)
With 30-days’ notice. SOS4Students can create a private workshop for small groups of students who are friends/classmates (minimum group size is four). This is ideal if your students can’t attend one of our scheduled workshops on the dates scheduled. Private summer workshops are help Monday through Friday. Contact us at for more information and pricing.